This relaxation technique is also popular among men who want to treat their premature ejaculation in a natural way.
TL;DR: during a Kegel, you mimic the action of stopping urination. A Reverse Kegel mimics the action of forcing urination.
Proper Steps to Reverse Kegel
For this exercise, it is important that you know which muscles to target. Read our step-by-step guide on how to execute the regular Kegels properly, where we discuss the three pelvic floor muscles.
Reverse Kegels target the same muscles but in a subtler way.
With regular Kegels, you are supposed to try to stop yourself from peeing or passing gas. In reverse Kegels, however, you should pretend like you are trying to pee faster, or trying to pass gas. Once you are able to do that, you will feel the Bulbocavernosus muscle relaxing.
At first, reverse kegel exercises are best done while lying down or sitting. Start to Kegel by pretending to pee. Hold the contraction for 3 seconds, then relax your muscle. This is called front reverse Kegels as you are stimulating the muscle on the front (Bulbocavernosus muscles). This exercise will be very helpful in controlling the ejaculation.
You can also do a back reverse kegel by pretending to pass gas. This will stimulate the Pubococcygeus muscles which lies above the anus.
You may notice that it takes a lot of effort to do the front and back reverse Kegels separately, and find that it is easier to exercise the entire area. This is fine and doing a separate exercise for the front and back muscles can happen naturally in the long run.
Repeat these steps 10 to 15 times. As you do the exercises more regularly, try to contract your pelvic floor muscles longer than 3 seconds.
Benefits of Reverse Kegels
- Have better control of ejaculation
- Develop relaxed pelvic floor muscles for longer sex
- Experience stronger orgasms
- Improve erectile dysfunction
- Correct pelvic issues like constipation and pelvic muscular imbalance
- Have better bladder control, improved lower back strength and hip stability
How to Find the Correct Muscle
If you think you still cannot find the correct muscle when you try to pretend like you are peeing or passing gas, these steps may be helpful:
- Get an erection and stand in front of the mirror.
- If you do a normal kegel by pretending to stop yourself from peeing, you will notice that your penis will rise. For reverse Kegels, however, pretend like you are trying to pee faster. You will notice that your penis drops downwards. If this is the case, then you found the correct muscle to stimulate.
To obtain more benefits from this exercise, it is best done with the normal Kegels.
Reverse Kegel is usually done while Ballooning. This is a very effective exercise for curing erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation.
Ballooning is also a proven effective exercise for having a longer and thicker penis permanently.