A penis pump is a effective very effective way to increase penis girth. Those devices also give a significant boost to length. Initial use will provide immediate but temporary results. However, regular use makes the gains more permanent.
Penis Girth Exercises
Like pumps, penile exercises can boost both penis length and girth. You don’t need to buy anything if your choice is to go this route. Unless you modify the techniques, penile exercises will bring more gains to length than girth. If girth is your primary focus, either you adjust your routine or go straight into girth-dedicated techniques.
No matter what your choice is, exercises for girth have the same goals: to draw more blood into the penis shaft and cause more girth expansion.
As a general exercise, men do jelqs for total penis enhancement. Jelqing gives more benefits to length than girth. Nonetheless, if you’re a beginner to penile workouts, it’s highly recommended you first perform jelqs for months. If you like to start a jelqing routine, check our guide here.
If you like jelqing but you’re after girth gains, V jelqs will suit you more. This special type of jelqing puts extra pressure on the sides of the penis, where the corpus cavernosa are situated. By focusing more on the sides, you’ll gain girth faster with V jelqs than regular jelqing. Visit our guide to learn how to do V jelqs.
This exercise is simple, beginner-friendly, and can be done while sitting or standing. Not only are you stretching your penis, you are also forcing blood into the shaft for additional expansion.
Like jelqing, stretching affects both length and girth. For better gains, we recommend combining stretching with jelqs.
Here are the steps:
- Use a warm towel to condition the penis.
- With a flaccid penis, grip the shaft area just behind the glans. The penis must be in flaccid state here to reduce any chance of injury.
- Do a gently, forward pull, and hold it for 30 seconds. This action draws blood into the penis and expands the tissues in the shaft.
- Repeat step 3 but in the following directions: down, up, right, and left.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 with caution.
Remember, don’t over-exert the stretching. Each pull must be hard enough but should not cause any pain. If something hurts, stop to avoid getting an injury. Take a break, assess if your technique is correct, then start another routine.
Unlike jelqing and stretching, flaccid bends are truly girth-focused exercise. They expand both the corpus cavernosa and tunica albuginea, two tissues that run along the sides of the penis shaft.
As the name suggests, this exercise has to be performed on a flaccid penis. In cases you get an erection, maintain it below 15% throughout this routine:
- With your right hand, grip the penis below the glans. (Check step 2 of the “Stretching” section.)
- With your left hand, position two to four fingers below the penis shaft.
- Have your right hand pull the penis over your left fingers to make the penis bend down. Maintain this bend for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 but this time, place the fingers on top of the penis shaft to bend up.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 with the fingers on the left side of the shaft to bend left.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 with the fingers on the right side of the shaft to bend right.
Like bends, squeezing is focused on increasing girth. When you squeeze, the pressure between squeeze points increases dramatically. This pressure build-up is what makes shaft tissues expand along the sides.
This exercise is relatively simple, yet it’s one of the easiest to be incorrectly done. Perform it right by following these steps:
- Make your penis fully erect.
- With your right hand, form an OK gesture in the same manner of jelqing. Tightly grip the base of your penis to force blood into the shaft.
- With your left hand, make another OK grip. Then squeeze your penis 1” above the base.
- Move your left grip 1” forward, and press again. Repeat this motion in one-inch increments until you reach the area below the glans.
- Once you reach the glans, stop and repeat steps 3 and 4.
Like stretching, do not over-exert the squeeze. Applying too much pressure could lead to serious injury. If you feel pain or in doubt of what you’re doing, stop and assess if your technique is correct.
Viking’s Kegel Plus Squeeze
Kegels are an excellent exercise for the pelvic floor muscle. Combined with squeezes, it can pump more blood into the penis. As a result, the combination builds more blood pressure and brings more expansion to the squeezed area.
Here are the steps:
- Make your penis semi-erect, around 75%.
- Encircle the base with a reverse hand grip. The thumb and forefinger are pressing against the pubic bone, while the little finger is positioned near the glans.
- Do a strong kegel to force blood into the penis.
- Tighten the grip, then squeeze for 7 to 10 seconds. Release grip for 30 seconds.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for five to ten minutes every day. You can do this exercise 3-4 times a week.
The Flexing Girth Exercise
This method also combines kegeling and the “Squeezing” routine. As opposed to one big grip of the “Viking’s” exercise, this one utilizes several grips along the shaft. This ensures every section of the shaft gets evenly pressed.
- With a lubricant, stroke your penis to a full erection.
- Using the thumb and first two fingers of your right hand, make a grip 1” above the base. Alternatively, make an OK grip if that’s more comfortable.
- Do a strong kegel to force blood into the penis, and hold it for two seconds.
- With your gripping hand, squeeze. You’ll notice that the portion beyond your grip gets large as you do both kegel and squeeze. You’ll feel a “bursting” feeling as the rushing blood and the squeeze expand the shaft on the sides.
- Relax your grip and pelvic muscles.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 three to five more times
- Move your right grip 1” forward, and repeat steps 3 to 6. Do this in one-inch increments until you reach the are below the glans.
- Once you reached the edge of the glans, proceed backward in one-inch increments. Alternatively, you can start again 1” from the base.
Remember, the penis must be erect at all times, and kegels must be strong as possible. Once your pelvic muscle becomes weak in kegeling, stop this exercise.
This is another exercise designed for girth. However, it’s an advanced exercise, so don’t attempt this if you have not done jelqs or any penile exercise before. Improving on the girth effects brought by a simple squeeze, this method can build more pressure and cause more shaft expansion.
- Make your penis 95% erect.
- With your left hand, clamp the base with an OK grip to hold the flow of blood.
- With your right hand, form a smaller OK gesture, about the size of a dime.
- Slowly slide your right OK grip over the glans and through the shaft until this hand reaches the base. Don’t hurry; allocate 15 to 30 seconds to complete this step. This motion should bring blood into the shaft and cause tissue expansion in this area. (Optionally, once the two hands have made contact, squeeze for 30 seconds for additional intensity.)
- Loosen both hands. Repeat steps 2 to 4 twenty more times.
Remember, this exercise is done on an erect penis. Proceed with caution to prevent injury.
We mentioned the Uli method as a glans-dedicated exercise on our Penis Glans Enlargement Guide, but it’s a good technique for widening the entire shaft as well. Like the Horse Squeeze, it is an advanced exercise and must only be performed by expert users.
While edging is a mainly a practice tool against premature ejaculation, it helps in gaining girth as well. It does that by extending the erection time of your penis. The longer your penis is erect, the longer the tissues stay in a state of expansion. Also, erection means blood and nutrients for cell growth.
You can do edging anytime you masturbate. The goal here is to hold your ejaculation as long as possible while maintaining your erection. Here is how to do a proper edging:
- Apply lubricant before you start masturbating.
- Starting at the base, do slow strokes towards the head. For beginners, it’s a good idea to avoid the frenulum and the glans. These parts are sensitive, and touching them could trigger an instant orgasm.
- If you’re nearing the “point of no return”, you must slow down your strokes.
- If you’re about to reach orgasm, stop. Wait for your urge to ejaculate to subside.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4. You can perform edging as many as you like, as long as you can stand the urge of not ejaculating.
Tips and Precautions
- Among these techniques, you must find the one that will work for you. Jelqing, stretching, edging, and bends are a good start. If you’re an experienced user, you can try the more intense routines like squeezes, Uli, and the Horse Squeeze.
- Start slow before increasing the intensity of your exercises. Like any exercises, you must start with stretches and some conditioning routines. For example, do jelqs for five minutes before extending the duration to 10. Do ten minutes of edging before trying it for 20 minutes or more. Over time, you’ll know what your maximum pressure level that can be applied safely.
- Exercises work differently for many people. Assess one method first before trying another if you do not see any results. However, know that it takes at least two months before you notice some girth gains, and six months or longer to maximize growth. So be consistent with your daily and weekly routines, and track your monthly progress.
- Get better results by combining exercises with penis pumps and/or extenders. Not only will pumps and extenders enhance your gains with exercises, but exercises are excellent warm-ups before using these tools.
- Some guys use clamps, cock rings, or rubber bands after an exercise-pump combo. These devices force more blood into the corpus cavernosa and create more side expansion. It’s hardly necessary, but if you choose this intense method, you must have done consistent first for at least six months.
- As an alternative to pumps and extenders, you can combine two or more manual routines to speed up your gains. For example, follow your jelqs with stretches and squeezes, or combine edging with clamps. Develop a safe, balanced combo of useful methods. For combinations that involve intense routines, remember that sufficient experience with penile exercises is required to prevent injury.
- Penis enlargement exercises (both in length and girth) is a marathon, not a race. Results must not be rushed, or else, you risk injuring yourself. Manual techniques are safe if we implement them with a safety mindset.
- Permanent gains are almost impossible to achieve. You will always need to maintain some level of exercises to keep your current size.
Penis Augmentation Surgery
Not a natural method, but surgical procedures can also lengthen or widen one’s penis. For a guy who thinks his penis is not thick enough, silicone injections, fat implants, and tissue grafts are alternatives for increasing girth.
However, according to the American Urologic Association, surgeries are not safe nor effective. It can damage the nerves, decrease sensitivity, and negatively affects erection quality. Moreover, it can make the penis look uneven, lumpy, or bumpy.
That’s why surgery must be the last resort. Men who contemplate undergoing an operation must first weigh the risks against the benefits.