Below, we discuss a method on how you can double your semen volume and sperm quality using over the counter supplements.
- Having to ejaculate a larger amount of semen requires more contraction resulting in a more intense orgasm.
- More semen production increases the chances of producing high-quality sperm, which is good for men who are planning to conceive.
- High semen volume improves masculinity and overall confidence.
Vitamins and Supplements
Vitamin and mineral deficiency can affect semen volume and sperm count negatively. To avoid this, make it a goal to eat foods that are rich in the following vitamins:
- Vitamin B12: Improves seminal fluid, increases sperm count and sperm motility.
- Vitamin C and Vitamin E: Powerful antioxidants that protect the sperms from free radicals. Helpful in keeping the number of defective sperms low.
- Zinc with Selenium: A popular mineral for improving overall male sexual health, Zinc also naturally increases testosterone levels. A healthy testosterone count results in increased libido, stamina, and semen volume. These are important supplement because the body loses Zinc and Selenium every ejaculation. Adult men only need about 11mg of Zinc per day, so if you are supplementing with Zinc, make sure you don’t go over the recommended daily allowance. Taking Zinc with Selenium alone for a whole week will increase the semen volume noticeably.
Amino Acids and Fats
You can find these amino acids as active ingredients in some male enhancement supplements:
- L-Arginine: An amino acid that turns into nitric oxide upon entering the body. Nitric oxide is responsible for improving the blood circulation. A good blood circulation, on the other hand, can aid with erectile dysfunction. L-Arginine is also found to be helpful in improving the production of sperms.
- L-Carnitine: It was proven that men who have low sperm count have low levels of L-Carnitine. Supplementation with this amino acid is effective in increasing semen volume, sperm count, as well as sperm motility.
- Lecithin: This is a fatty substance that is usually found in egg yolks, soybeans as well as in meat and vegetables. Soy Lecithin is a widely known supplement used for increasing semen volume. The best choice is a well-refined Soy Lecithin as it does not affect the estrogen levels.
- Ginseng: Improves the production of testosterone which results in an increased seminal fluid.
- Maca root extract: A popular Peruvian herb that has a huge impact on improving semen volume and sperm production. There are a few varieties of this herb: black, yellow and red, where black is the most effective.
- Horny Goat Weed: Also referred to as epimedium, this herb aids with increasing the testosterone levels, which also affects the libido and erection. This aphrodisiac helps with the production of sperm and seminal fluid.
- Tribulus Terrestris: This is a Chinese herb that contains saponin – an agent that increases testosterone while decreases the female hormone estrogen. It also improves the sperm quality, thus prolonging its survival time.
- Saw Palmetto: A fruit extract with a variety of fatty acids that promote sperm and semen production.
Consuming a healthy and balanced diet will greatly improve your semen volume. The following foods are believed to increase semen volume, but we looked at them one by one to see how they really affect the semen.
- Celery: Pornstar Peter North is known to eat a bunch of celery before filming and most men believe this is so he can ejaculate a lot of semen in front of the camera. This is not the case, however, but Celery makes semen look pearly white. Other high chlorophyl vegetables like Celery and wheat grass makes semen taste sweet.
- Pineapple and Chocolate: These are commonly suggested foods on Reddit for increasing semen volume. However, consuming a huge amount of pineapple and chocolate will only make the semen taste sweet and light.
- Milk and Honey: A study has proven that low-fat milk can improve concentration and motility of sperm. Honey does the same but the combination does not increase seminal fluid. Milk can also result in a salty semen.
- Eggs: Egg is high in protein and Lecithin. In fact, those who do not like Soy Lecithin take advantage of egg-based Lecithin although it can be more expensive. For best results, eat 4-5 eggs a day. However, high-protein intake can make the semen smell and taste bad.
- Protein shakes: Whey protein contains Arginine as an active ingredient. You will notice an increase in ejaculation when drinking 2 to 4 servings of protein shake every day.
See our separate page with the Best Male Enhancement Pills
There are a lot of male enhancement pills manufacturers that develop supplements focused on increasing seminal volume.
These supplements contain only safe and natural ingredients including the vitamins, amino acids, and herbs mentioned above.
Below are some of the pills that claim to improve the semen volume.
I took Zinc, Soy Lecithin, and L-Arginine supplements regularly for a whole week and made sure I am hydrated. My seminal fluid more than doubled. Drink a lot of water to experience the full results like I did.
The packaging of L-Arginine may instruct you to take up to 6 pills a day. However, this supplement tends to cause cramping, so I recommend taking just 2 capsules daily.
What I usually do is open one L-Arginine capsule and pour the powder over a tub of yogurt. I do this two times a day. In the morning, I also add one teaspoon of Lecithin powder to my yogurt.
After one week, I noticed some tingling sensations in my penis, as well as more semen volume.
The average volume of semen in one ejaculation is about 2ml to 5ml. With this method, you will be able to ejaculate up to 10ml of semen.
It is good to perform regular Kegel exercises so your pelvic muscles can develop enough strength to ejaculate a full load of semen within seconds, else, your ejaculation will come out in batches of small amounts.
Edging and Ballooning will also increase your semen if you don’t ejaculate after your sessions.
More Ways to Increase Semen Volume
Below are other natural methods you can do to increase your semen volume.
Semen is composed of 99% water, including some nutrients. If you don’t stay hydrated, you will be at risk of having low semen volume.
Because semen is water-based and more fluid means sperms can swim more freely, your water intake will determine how much you ejaculate. Being well-hydrated also dilutes the semen making it taste better.
For male adults, the recommended water intake is 2-3 liters of water to enable the body to function properly. It is also important to note that alcohol and carbonated drinks can dehydrate the body.
Do not smoke
A study shows that cigarette smoking tends to decrease the seminal fluid, although it was not proven that it can decrease the concentration of sperm in the semen.
Smoking can lead to other male issues like erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation.
Another study tells us that regular exercises result in increased semen production. Being physically active can improve testosterone levels, which in turn, can help with other male health issues like erectile dysfunction.
It was also found that recreational athletes have healthy semen production. However, intense sports and extended exercises can lead to lower semen volume.
On the other hand, the lack of physical activities (like sitting all day) develops an unhealthy environment in the testes which results in the production of unhealthy sperms and semen volume.
Avoid Bisphenol A
Bisphenol A, more popularly known as BPA is usually found in plastic food and water containers. BPA can greatly reduce the fertility rate in both men and women.