Maintaining your Fleshlight in good condition is very important to avoid dried semen or mold building up inside. The cleaning process can be very simple and effective if you do it correctly. Cleaning should not take longer than 10 minutes of work.
You must clean your toy after EVERY use as soon as you are done using it. Your load and lube will end up inside the sleeve and the suction cap. You need to wash both with warm water after use.
The Fleshlight is made of a delicate material to be more flesh-like and soft. This means that you cannot use soap to clean it. It will ruin the sleeve. The hard plastic case and cap, however, can be safely washed with soap.
- Fill the water from both the orifice and the bottom of the sleeve.
- Rub it from the inside with your fingers until it no longer feels slippery from the lubricant and semen.
- Clean the suction cap with water too.
- Pour a bit of isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) in the cap and inside the sleeve. Hold the alcohol inside the sleeve and “massage” the interior. This will help kill germs and also dry the components faster.
- Clean the entire case (with water and soap should be fine).
Remember to use a water-based lubricant during your usage. Those types of lube wash off a lot easier than oil based lubricants.
You must let the sleeve dry before inserting it back into the case. Leave the sleeve out for 20 hours or until it is completely dry. If you don’t, it will quickly catch mold – and then you will need to throw it away.
The first step is to use a paper towel and dry all visible liquid you see.
There are 2 ways to speed up the drying process:
- Increase airflow – use a hair dryer (on cool mode) or a small fan to blow inside the sleeve
- Alcohol – as mentioned in the cleaning process above, isopropyl alcohol helps your Fleshlight dry faster.
Here are the drying times we found with each model:
||With Alcohol + Fan|
|Fleshlight Classic||15 hours||5 hours||40 minutes|
|Fleshlight STU||16 hours||6 hours||45 minutes|
|Fleshlight Go||10 hours||1 hours||12 minutes|
|Fleshlight Flight||7 hours||45 minutes||5 minutes|
|Sex In A Can||10 hours||1 hours||15 minutes|
|Fleshlight Quickshot||1 hour||10 minutes||2 minutes|
Real drying times depend on the humidity of your room. I also used a small fan. If you use a higher powered dryer, it will dry a lot faster.
After your toy is significantly dryer, you can put the sleeve back inside the case and keep it uncapped to let extra water or alcohol finish evaporating.
Applying this powder will make your Fleshlight less sticky. This is completely optional. If you want your sleeve to last you a long time, you should use cornstarch:
- Make sure the sleeve is completely dry, or the powder will stick to it in chunks.
- Remember to shake off any excess powder before use.
- Do not rub the powder hard on the sleeve.
- It is unnecessary to put cornstarch inside the sleeve, only apply it to the exterior.
If you have never used cornstarch and not sure what it is, read some basic information about it here.
To read our complete Fleshlight review, click here.