Here is a quick list of things you have to consider to prevent injury during your pumping sessions. This applies to all pumps, but particularly to the Hydromax X and Xtreme series since those are slightly stronger than the Hercules and Goliath.
The pump has been designed to be safe, so it is nearly impossible for you to seriously hurt yourself, even if you are silly enough to want to do so. Aggressive pumping is completely normal and will give you faster results. However, make sure you give your penis some time to rest. During your session, if you are feeling sore after some aggressive pumping (10 minutes for example), put the pump aside for 5 minutes before you continue. Bathmate injuries are very rare and unlikely to happen.
If your penis continues to feel uncomfortably sore several hours after you pumped, then take a break for day or two. Other symptoms along with soreness may include: less force to pee, lower libido, and softer erections.
Read our article about general side effects for any penis pump.
Bad Side Effects
Side effects are very rare with penis pumps if used correctly under normal conditions. Those that do experience negative side effects are probably going to encounter one of the following:
- Penis bruising – happens from pumping too hard.
- Rings appear around the penis shaft – this is not dangerous, it will go away.
- Testicles sucked inside the pump
- Testicles swelling
- Donut effect – happens from fluid build up. Follow our guide to avoid it (or these tips given by a user).
- Red dots – you may experience red spots on your penis following a Bathmate session. It is nothing severe. It means that you are new to the device and you used too much pressure. You do not need to do anything. Just let your penis rest for a few days after working out.
- Diminished sex drive and weaker erections – this is extremely rare but happens due to over-pumping.
- Testicles infection – happens if you have a sensitive scrotum and the pump pushes uncomfortably against your skin.
Torn Urethra Myth
If you dig down forum posts, you will see that some users complain that Bathmate has torn their urethra. One user was pumping and suddenly saw blood inside the pump. This is a very rare case. Those individuals probably had prior penile infections (such as UTI) or other unknown conditions.
The injured users healed within a week and continued pumping.
To be safe and avoid any damage to your penis, make sure you start pumping slowly and gradually build up the pressure.